Bruce used a variety of post-production techniques to create the effect of moving footage from hundreds of still images. He removed the noise and flickering that occurs between images, and finally polished the product in Adobe After Effects.
An astronomy enthusiast since childhood, Bruce cherished the opportunity to combine two of his passions – space exploration and photography – into one project.
Images courtesy of the Image Science & Analysis Laboratory, NASA Johnson Space Center, The Gateway to Astronaut Photography of Earth.
The yellow/greenish line that you see over the earth is Airglow.
1. A Jump over the Terminator
2. Sarychev Volcano
3. From Turkey to Iran*
4. Hurricane Irene Hits the US
5. Indian Ocean to Pacific Ocean Through the Cupola*
6. Central Great Plains at Night*
7. Aurora Borealis over the North Atlantic Ocean*
8. Aurora Borealis from Central U.S.*
9. Up the East Coast of North America*
10. Myanmar to Malaysia*
11. Western Europe to Central India
12. Middle East to the South Pacific Ocean
13. Aurora Borealis over Europe*
14. City Lights over Middle East*
15. European City Lights*
16. Northwest coast of United States to Central South America at Night
17. Moonglow over Canada and Northern U.S.*
18. Stars from the Pacific Ocean (1)
19. Stars from the Pacific Ocean (2)
20. Stars from the Pacific Ocean (3)
21. Stars and the Milky Way over the Atlantic*
22. The Milky Way and Storms over Africa (1)
23. The Milky Way and Storms over Africa (2)
This is absolutely breathtaking! I really envy those astronauts who have this unique opportunity to admire the Earth from above! Thankfully they were kind enough to share their experiences with us!
Credits: Bruce W. Berry Jr
Share this spectacular video with others and give them the opportunity of a unique short journey over the Earth!